Today's task list:
- [x] Motek training, Day Two
-  Work on parsing the walking data
-  Make generic settings on the lab website
-  Work on the website theme
-  Fix the budgeting and purchasing issues
-  Review the TODO items on the Yeadon paper
-  Run variations in guesses for structural id
-  Work on BMD papers
-  Book flight for BMD
-  Setup a data backup for the website
We learned how to make scenes today. Turns out that Motek uses the open source graphic library, Ogre, in their software. So you can create Orge files that can be loaded into the visualization.
I figured out how to edit the human models in the installation. Most everything is exposed to manipulate them but it would be much easier if we had the files for whatever 3D software these use to edit them. But it may be possible to convert the Ogre files to Blender files and then edit the model.
Obinna and Sandy got a hamster wheel visualization running which is tied to the treadmill speed, which was pretty cool. They imported the hamster wheel from the Sketchup warehouse.
Notes on the session are here:
Tarun was sick today so we postponed our meeting until he's better.